1. *Learn Surah at-Takāthur* (Quick overview of the Sūrah attached)
Apart from being a reminder of death and how we are in denial and will get the ‘ain ul yaqeen’ on THAT day, this sūrah has a beautiful virtue: Nabī ﷺ once asked the noble companions: ‘Is there anyone from amongst you who has the strength to recite 1000 verses a day?” They replied, “Who can recite a 1000 verses a day?” Nabī ﷺ said “Can you not recite Sūrah at-Takāthur?” This implies that this sūrah is equal in worth and weight to a 1000 verses.
2. *Sunnah du’ā for today*:
Du’ā when we see someone hit by misfortune:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي عَافَانِي مِمَّا ابْتَلَاكَ بِهِ وَفَضَّلَنِي عَلَى كَثِيرٍ مِمَّنْ خَلَقَ تَفْضِيلًا
All praises are due to Allāh swt, who has kept me safe from that which He has involved you with, and he has granted me graces over most of those whom He has created gracefully [Hisn Hasīn]
We see so many people around us in unfortunate conditions and esp the Muslims around the globe (Burma, Syria etc). It is said that when a person recites this du’ā, he/she will not witness this condition in his/her life by the Karam of Allah swt and the barakah of this du’ā.
3. *Sunnah Amal of the day*:
When you do musāfaha (sunnah way of shaking hands), do istighfār for each other (e.g yaghfirUllahu lana wa la kum) [_Abū Dāwūd Sharīf_]
4. Pray 2 Nafl anytime today JUST to do shukr of Allāh swt for everything!
5. Make something for your family today, even if a cup of tea or a glass of juice, in a state of wudhū and do a lot of dhikr while doing so! The cells that they get from that food will make them do some good deeds and you will get the reward 🙂
6. *Muhāsabah*: Search your heart for takabbur (pride). Do we feel we are better than someone?
Look at ground beneath your feet and remind yourself of your true identity. This is what we are made of and its Allāh swt who gave us whatever quality we have. We have no right to claim any reward over it. Make true _istighfār_ right away!
It is narrated on the authority of ‘Abdullāh that the Messenger of Allāh (ﷺ) observed:
He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise [_Sahih Muslim_]
Recite ‘SubhanAllāh’ 100 times in the morning & evening and get the reward of a 100 Hajj (_Tirmidhī Sharīf_)