Insha’Allah we will be posting 7 small steps everyday with the niyyah of preparing ourselves for Ramadan.
Our pious predecessors used to welcome Ramadan Shareef with bags full of good deeds, where as we welcome Ramadan with so many sins.
We hope to attract Allah swts mercy through these little steps this year to clean our hearts. Doing an amal together has more chances of qabooliyat too!
1. *Learn Surah Aadiyat* (with the niyyah of reciting it in taraweeh too :))
For those who know the surah already, go over it again & ponder over how Allah swt has given the example of the obedient horses to remind us of how we should be. Alas, we are Ashraful Makhluqat yet the animals behave better than us. I
How being ungrateful & having love for the world can destroy our Iman!
(A small tip would be to keep listening to the surah, esp if you are a working mom and have no time. We know a woman who learnt the Whole Quran by just listening to it during her work)
2. *Sunnah dua for today*:
Dua for Rizq
*اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْماً نَافِعاً، وَرِزْقاً طَيِّباً، وَعَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلاً*
O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision , and deeds that will be accepted.
Sahih Ibn Majah 1/152
3. *Sunnah Amal of the day*:
Eat watermelon/cucumber with Khajur with the niyyah of sunnah!
4. *Pray 2 Nafl after Isha today*: Our elders say that if its hard for one to wake up for tahajud, they should pray 2 nafl after isha instead & hope to wake up for tahajud with the barakah of these nawafil.
5. *Give something to your maid today* (not just as charity) but as a gift and say jazakumUllah khayr for everything that she does for you 🙂
6. *Muhasiba*: search your heart for Keena.
*Activity: Signs of Keena – Self Check*:
i. Finding faults in others
ii. Being happy when they have difficulties and problems
iii. Do not like to say anything positive to them or about them
iv. Regarding that person as inferior, making fun of them or taunting
*Remedies*: Take a deep breath, forgive that person and make dua for her right now!
*Beware*: A person who has keena in the heart will not be forgiven even in the blessed night of Laylat ul Qadr!
7. *Bonus* : Recite Surah Ikhlas 3 times to get the reward of reciting a Quran!